Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Series

I am a huge fan of the author Nicholas Sparks. I also demand him to be under my Christmas tree every year...well not him per say but his new work of art. This year, I received The Lucky One which I devoured in 3 days. Well...it is hell not having your child and this hobby keeps me out of trouble and sane when he is with his dad.

I read and read and loved every page as I soaked deeper and deeper into the lives of the characters of this book. Amazing, this man has talent!

But then...I got wind of a new series, an author everyone is raving about, Stephenie Meyer, the mother of the Twilight Series. All I have to say is I have never been so pissed about going to work - because that means I have to wait 8 hours to pick up this book again. I am dying to get home and start where I have left off. However, I have been sneaking an hour of reading over lunch.

I just found out:

She now knows he’s a vampire…THANK GOODNESS…NOW WHAT?? – A forbidden love affair; what happens next?? Commence Chapter 10….Am I now entering what I will assume is the “meat” of the book. What fun getting there.

When will 4:00 arrive?? I can’t wait to go home and dive deep into the couch next to the faux fireplace and indulge in my new love – Twilight.

I must admit, in the beginning I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about packaged up in this 500 paged book. Then I opened the crisp well designed cover, now I dread putting the book down.

Meyer's makes you feel as though you are right smack dab in the scene making all your senses come alive. I feel as if I am a background character in this book watching from afar waiting for the characters next moves. I lL.O.V.E it.

If you have some free time, I would say pick up the series and dive on in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home