Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Monday, September 18, 2006

Details Details Details

Our trip started off great until the dreaded Bay Bridge traffic. Who knew and who cares? I had no work in the morning and was just waiting to crack that bottle of Passion Fruit Rum open when I hit the hotel - which I did. YUM...the sweet taste of no responsibilities for a few days.

Friday started off with a great 2 mile run on the boardwalk taking in all the sites. For those of you who are not familiar to Rehoboth Beach, DE, it's a great place to people watch. WOW, did I ever!!

After the run - we take in breakfast at the IHOP. As I am signing in for our group of six the hostess takes my name, "Darla", I tell her. "Spell that." D-A-R-L-A - her interpretation - D-O-R-L-E-Y. Yep, I can certainly see the similarity, you? I leave it go, so not worth the battle - other than now my so-called friends are calling me Dorley. Lovely...UGH...

Friday night, we hit a new pub to party at...The Irish Pub and Grill - did you know that Saturday was half way to St. Patrick's Day? Me neither, until a buddy sent me the text message. Gotta love texting. So party on it was! Thank you for the reminder!! No green Yingling though.

After much tomfoolery we left and headed over to the infamous Frogg Pond (yes, that's right FROGG POND). There we jammed out to the 80's band and carried on for a few hours. The guys were loving the attractions at this place. I'll just mention the ratio of girls 95% to guys 5% and homosexuals to heterosexuals - well, we crashed the party. 99.9% to .01% us being the .01%.

Who cares though, really? I was there to have a good time and not worry about what anybody else was doing. I will say this - the guys with us were in Frogg Pond Heaven!! There was a lot of going ons - going on... MEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.

Saturday came early - we took off to the beach for a grueling day of playing. The weather started out blah but turned into lovely rays of sunshine. Our trio battled it out for 1st place in our net and division. When I say battled it out I mean it. We needed to win our last two games and I believe they were 11-9 and 13-11. However, we prevailed!! My team members ROCK!! The prize - warm fleece pull-overs with the MAV logo embroidered on them.

As for Saturday - the other winners were *cough - sandbaggers - cough* James and Josh who took 1st in their division; Stephen and Gary also taking 1st in their division. They are not *sandbaggers* like the other above honorable mentioned. This was Stephen's first experience playing volleyball. Typical...beginners luck...

More details and photos about the weekend later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Glad everyone had a blast and winning, I am sure made it even better.

I didn't know that Stephen liked volleyball.

7:41 AM  
Blogger DMM said...

He never did, but he does now...

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

What a bunch of BS! Let me redefine sandbaggers for all your readers. By my definition it means you were the best in your division. Simple as that. It's not like we absolutely crushed people. Winning 15-13 to a mother and her child in Men's BB is NOT sandbagging. I think you're just upset because at one time you got to play BB triple division and win. Now it's our turn and next time it will be our turn to win your stupid little A division triples as well. Undefeated baby!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger DMM said...

Just for the record I have never played in the BB Division in trips. My team has always played in the A Division and have always won...with the exception of this year. Sandbagging my friend is playing a level lower so you can win.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

If I were a girl I'd be playing in the A divisions too. They are so much easier than men's A group. But then again, what else should I expect???

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home