Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Take that Mitsubishi!

Hi Darla,

Ofc. Dunn did call me back, we had a nice discussion, and he confirmed what you reported. I don’t know if I mentioned it to you or not, but I do have one other report on a 2006 Endeavor that has this same problem; you can take the key out in any gear intermittently. Given the age and small population of the vehicle, NHTSA has decided to open what we call a Preliminary Evaluation to study the problem further; this is a 4 month ‘look-see’. The process involves collecting information from the manufacturer to see if there is evidence of a wide spread problem, in which case we may ask Mitsubishi to conduct a recall, or we may decide that no action is required on their part at this time. This will be conducted under investigation ID PE08-006 - you can visit our website (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov ) to learn more, or feel free to contact me if you want. As part of the process, NHTSA may want to look at your vehicle, and we would want to extend an invitation to the manufacturer to join us at their discretion. We would make every attempt to be as accommodating as possible. Is this something you would be willing to support?

Thanks again for your help,
Scott


I guess all my determination (ok complaining to the right folks) is going to get me somewhere, at least I hope.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home