Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tan Real or Fake

Why do men think that any old line is a good pick up? My little ditty of a story starts here at Hell Mart also know as the infamous Wal Mart. I know, Wal Mart of all places...

Him: Excuse me, is that tan real or fake?

Me: Uh, what?

Him: Your tan, real or fake bake?

Me: It's real, I just got back from the Caymans.

Him: O, vacation?

Me: No, business.

Him: O, how did you score a trip like that?

I decided to have some fun, since I'm now annoyed plus I'm not telling some stranger what I actually do.

Me: I work for the CIA and we were investigating a crime.

Him: Wow, that's so cool.

At this point, I'm rolling my eyes and thinking
Yea, cause this happens in my area..come on really who believes this stuff?


Me: Um, it's ok. I can't really talk about it, it's like being on CSI the crime show.

Him: I understand. So are you an agent?

Me: Yes, I am in training.

Him: That is so cool. You must love your job. So you from the area?

Me: It's not bad, pays the bills. Yep from the area.

Him: I'm from Florida and thinking of moving back.

Me: I see.

Him: There are no single beautiful women here.

Me: O yea, I wouldn't know.

Him: So are you single? Because you're smoking hot.

Me: Excuse me?

Him: You're gorgeous.

Me: Uh, thanks, I think. I'm sorry but I'm not single. (totally creeped out at this point)

Him: Yea, I figured a good looking girl like yourself must be married or have a boyfriend.

Me: I just smiled and said sorry I'm not interested.

Him: Well, I thought I'd give it a shot.

At that point, I turned and walked away shaking my head. Don't get me wrong, I am flattered but getting hit on in Walmart is just not something I want. I do give the guy credit for being so bold and trying though.

This just gave me another reason to despise Wal Mart. All I wanted to do was get my grocery shopping done.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Guys. Pickup lines like your gorgeous and beautiful, I get.

But, what kind of a guy tells a woman that she is "smoking hot"? It sounds so high school.

Just saying, you so need to stay out of Walmart. I hope that you carry maze in your purse, you may need it one of these days.

6:41 AM  
Blogger DMM said...

Guys are just weird in general. Also, I didn't add anything to that blog that was the true conversation.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home