Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Breathless

Last night as I was out with friends I took notice to my surroundings. I am in Risk Management so being observant is part of my job that has brushed off into my off hours as well. Plus, I love to people watch.

As I sat in the booth watching the couple across from me you knew they were just freshly dating and very much into each other. She sat nervously holding onto every word the handsome fella was saying as did he to her. When listening he brushed his hand gently against hers and really heard not just the words but what she was actually saying. It was amazing to watch.

After dinner, the couple stood to leave, he grabbed her jacket and helped her put it on. I swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw this. She smiled gently and looked shyly towards him whispering thanks.

As he gently glided his hand on the small of her back leading her out the door you could tell her heart was pounding at how diviner her date had been.

I sat and smiled as I watched this couple hoping the gentleness of acts will continue to take place.

I also realized that it is the small acts of kindness that mean more than any other part of a date.

This left me...breathless.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a lovely post, thanks for sharing!

10:46 AM  
Blogger DMM said...

Thank you...it was fun watching this couple.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post! I felt like I was reading a romance novel.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home