Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Surgery Bound

Tomorrow at 1pm I will be headed in to undertake the knife. That is right – shoulder surgery for me.

The good ole doctor will be going in to shave down the frayed bicep tendon ligament along with the removal of several bone spurs; extra cartilage and scar tissue. After all that he will then proceed to the ball/socket joint to repair some frayed ligaments in that area as well. If the need for reattachment needs to be done he will anchor the ligament into my shoulder bone after drilling a hole. Sounds just lovely if you ask me.

The recovery period will last from 3-6 weeks or up to 6 months depending on the severity of all the ligaments damage and whatnot. I will be either in an immobilizer for 6 weeks or a splint for 1 week. The immobilizer will be necessary if the bicep tendon should snap during the repair of the frayed area or if the fraying is beyond repair and it just gets reattached.

Surgery will last for about 2.5 hours and then one hour in recovery before heading up stairs for my ride home. The day just keeps sounding better and better. I will be so happy when I am finally at home in my own bed or um, chair. As I don’t think I will be sleeping in a bed for a while.

I have made plans to be taken care of by “T” and my LM. LM who keeps asking to see my shoulder and kiss the pain away has been so sweet and adorable. Then again, I would not expect anything less. ;)

LM keeps saying, “Hey Mommy, I’ll sleep on the couch beside you and kiss your booboo better.”

That is very sweet; however, I don’t think I’m going to want my booboo touched for a few days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home