Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ordering Beer

Last night we had the girls over for some Steeler Football watching and lots of food eating. In preparation for this huge event I had some errands to run after picking up LM from school.

As I picked LM up from school, I told him about the wild crazy party we were going to have and all the girls were coming over. After much face making and ewe mom, girls why not boys he was settled on chilling out with the gals.

Off to the brew threw it was. What amazed me was how my son who is 4 knew exactly how to get in and around the brew threw. Since I did not and was talking to myself out loud about it. I never go for beer nor do I have beer in my house on a regular basis. I am more of a social drinker going out a few times a month to toss back a few cold ones with friends.

However, this is how the conversation went:

LM – "Where we going?"

Me – "Mommy has to pick up a case of beer for the party."

Enter into Brew Threw Parking Lot

LM – "O yea, Mommy, I know this place."

Me – "You do?"

LM – "Yea, you drive around and go into the garage order your beer and they bring it out and put it in your car."

Me – "How cool is that?" "LM, how do you know all this?"

LM – "Daddy does it all the time." "The big guy there, he’ll get your beer, just ask him."

So I did just that and like LM said the big guy brought me my beer and ice.

I do not know if this is cute or not. Right now, I think it is just sad that my 4 year old knew how to order a case of beer better then I did at the local brew threw. What is even more upsetting is that I hardly ever drink in front of my child.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Russell said...

Whenever my children have known things I didn't - which happened frequently - it was usually something I wouldn't have wanted them to know. They find out anyway.
By the way, thank you for asking - my book is going to be available in the USA. More details nearer the time. In the meantime, please keep in touch.

8:54 AM  
Blogger DMM said...

I know it is sad. He spends 50% of the time with his dad and I'm never given 100% of the details on how that time was spent...

I will def. keep in touch, I can't wait to read your book. Right now I'm reading Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible. Very interesting.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Dude, your son rocks! In all seriousness though, you should at least be proud of how perceptive he is. I mean you won't have to worry about him making it on his own in 15 years.

By the way, haven't seen you in a while. How are things?

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home