Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Friday, October 05, 2007

Money over Love

When I met with her she was in tears, explaining that she didn’t love him anymore. What is a friend to do other then listen? I thought you were going away this weekend? We did, however I never felt so alone until now.

We had a great time watching the game and taking in all the sites. We probably drank a little too much, but who does not do that when they go away? We hit the ESPN Zone, some hamburger joint and walked through Pirates Cove it was great until…

I held my breath as I knew my heart was going to break into a million pieces as did hers over the weekend. She continued to tell me the events that took place as her voice quivered and lips shook eyes reddened and sad; she whispered he loves his money more then me.

I sat quietly not moving a muscle as my body went cold listening to every word she said.

We were in the nasty area of the neighborhood lost trying desperately to find our way back to our hotel. We were in a section of town where I saw two drug deals go down and I mean literally saw the exchange from one car window to the other. She joked, as she said, she was in the wrong business as these folks had nice cars.

She explained, she honestly thought her life was in danger for the first time ever. I begged him to get a cab over and over. I stood in the middle of the street crying to the point I couldn’t breathe, I was so scared and he continued to ignore me.

Finally, at one point I was relieved he hailed a cabbie down. I thought thank God, finally. As I approached the cabbie to get in, he stood at the drivers’ window and asked him for directions instead of a ride. Rage filled my entire body as I looked at him with fear in my eyes.

My heart shattered into a billion pieces at that time, as she explained, I knew I had no love left for him. It was clear at that moment money was more important to him then my life.

At that time I held her hand and cried with her.

The next day they got home and she put her baby to bed and left her husband.

That indeed was the moment she was stronger then she ever thought she could be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home