Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Friday, July 14, 2006

4:20AM Wake Up Call

Being the deep sleeper that I am I tend to think in my sleepy state that when I hear that MOMMY cry in the wee hours it's just a dream. It is only when I hear that little voice calling for a few minutes I realize this isn't a dream - get up and see what Little Man needs. Usually he doesn't get up at all but this morning around 4:20 I heard that Mommy *sniffle* *sniffle* Mommy cry which tears at my heart everytime it's said, so I pounce (ok roll/fall) out of bed and run (eh ah stumble) into his room. "Honey what's wrong?" his response "I have to go potty!"

All I could do was stand there and look at him until it hit me - My baby boy woke me up so he could go potty!! Don't stand there - get moving!! What a great milestone we have reached!! Potty training is not the easiest thing for any parent to accomplish and I don't care what anyone says, it's not easy and that's that.

We rush to the bathroom so he can do his thing only feeling the whole time that I am the proudest parent on this planet. To excited to rush back to sleep, I of course rush in to see Daddy and say - get up - your son just woke me to go potty. He needs a gift. (I love giving gifts!!) I can't just give him a cookie like I usually do it's 430AM.

I need to accomplish nothing the rest of the day as I have accomplished the goal of potty training. So far...

I mean, I'm sure there will be accidents but who cares!! My boy woke me to go potty and to me there is nothing that can top that accomplishment today. Unless of course they promote me to CEO which is not happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home