Who-Wants-To-Be-Princess-When-You-Can-Be-QUEEN!

In my little world "I am Queen"

Monday, July 17, 2006

Moving on up

Yesterday was the day that I signed LM (Little Man) up for daycare/preschool. I'm still not sure how I feel about this knowing that he loves (sort of) where he goes now. The hubby and I feel it's time to expand his horizons and also the fact that where he goes now - well she's expecting with the possibility of twins and has 3 children already. Plus there are days where there can be up to 10+ kids including her own (summer time only) and I'm a nervous wreck about him going.

I luckily am the picker upper and not the dropper offer. I have done the drop off and it breaks my heart to no end. The fact of knowing he's not getting momma kisses when he bangs his knee or scraps his elbow on the ground or my hugs for just being cute, kills me. Plus, is he getting enough attention? Not that he needs all the attention but a little would be nice.

He will be attending a daycare/preschool with other 3 and 4 year olds only. They have a great curriculum and have been given rave reviews by other parents in the area. So we interviewed/talked and were sold. His first day is July 31st.

At Friday's interview we took LM with us and all the kids were shouting bye to him and said see you in a few weeks...This made my heart melt - see previous blog - Melting Heart - someday I'll figure out how to link it - today I don't have time - At that moment, I knew we were doing the right thing. Even though LM clung to my pant leg for dear life.

My baby is not a baby anymore and I don't think I'm going to do well with this preschool thing at first but I can't hold his hand forever or can I? You're right he would look silly holding my hand at the age of 30 or 40 - but I wouldn't care. There is hope though, I'm a tough individual, just ask the hubby. It'll really be ok but for right now - I can be sad and proud we reached a golden milestone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home