In my little world "I am Queen"

Monday, July 31, 2006

Welcome to Chapter 2 - Beginnings

Today was the first day of Preschool/Daycare for my LM. I went to help with drop off. I thought long and hard and came to the decision of not wanting to miss this milestone no matter how emotional I may get. So I slept in a little and went to work late. Not a bad thing for a Monday morning!!

My child did much better then I. We went into the room - he clung and tears stated to wail up (on my end, not his) - I told his teacher, you're just going to have to take him. She did, immediately he started to crack up and giggle.

Did my son just not cry? Did he just laugh and smile? Is he starting to have a good time already? He gave Daddy a high-five and ignored me - which was probably better for me - I was busy dropping off his items trying to hide my tears and be brave when all this was taking place.

I crept out, his teacher took him over to the door to wave at us. LM was all smiles as he waved good-bye to us while yelling, "See you later Mommy." "Bye, Daddy."

As I got into the car, tears began to fill my eyes some for happiness because I know he'll be fine. Others were my sad tears, as I realized my baby is growing up.

According to Daddy, it has been ages since he hasn't cried at drop off.

I will continue to think of him all day and miss him tremendously. After all, he is my #1 and that's what mother's do - worry and love their babies more then anyone could ever comprehend!!

I will however, know that I made the right decision and he will be fine!! Chapter 2 has begun with a good start!


Blogger Diane said...

He didn't want to leave during the tour, either. Remember? He wanted to stay and play. He's going to love it.

7:31 AM  
Blogger DMM said...

I know, I know...it's just a mom thing I guess. Wait until Harley's first day of Middle School, you'll be crying too.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Probably crying and for many reasons. His start time is 7:20 am, he so needs to get into the K-8 school.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Just be glad your little man was happy to go. Its hard to leave them regardless, but its even harder when they are glued to your leg & you have to peel them off to get out the door. Take comfort in the fact that he is somewhere that he's happy. If he were screaming everyday you would question the type of care he is getting.

7:47 PM  
Blogger DMM said...

That is why we switched when Hubby dropped him off he would scream. Then on the weekends if would drive near the old place he would start to go into a scraming fit. It was awful. But 3 days and no crying...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home